Wednesday, July 01, 2009 at 04:20 PM | Posted by kazouz
Apple seeded the iPhone OS 3.1 and iPhone SDK 3.1 to developers yesterday and users have found new features.
Among the new features is a new APIs (Application Programming Interface) that will enable developers to use the video editing function as part of their third party apps, leading us to expect a flurry of apps with video capability.
The beta release of iPhone OS 3.1 includes the following new features:
- Trimming video clips on the iPhone 3G S will not overwrite original (option to save edited version as a copy)
- iPhone vibrates when arranging home screen icons.
- Voice Control over Bluetooth.
- iPhone boot time is now faster.
- “Fraud Protection” toggle was added to settings under Safari.
- New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them.
Apple released iPhone software 3.0 only three weeks ago.