Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 02:29 PM | Posted by LOOPRumors Staff
Today, Apple released iOS 4.0.1 for the iPhone with an improvement in the way signal strength is calculated. MacRumors reports that the change does not effect signal strength itself, only how it is indicated visually.
Apple also introduced iOS 3.2.1 for the iPad.
According to Apple, the update:
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fixed an issue that could prevent copy and paste of single-page PDF attachments in Mail
- Addressed an issue that could cause video playback to freeze
- Improved reliability of video-out when using iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
- Added Bing as an option for Safari’s search field
It appears that iOS 4.0.1 update also modifies the appearance of the iPhone‘s signal strength indicator.
On the left is the display before the update and on the right is the display after the update.